Saturday, April 12, 2014

My Hundredth Attempt at Writing Poetry...

his pulse felt hard on the heels of my whims
our eyes locked and instantly i was jerked in this cyclical wind of wonder and nervousness and...hope
i was fearful, yet inflamed.

he then did this little dance, breathed a little too close to my face, and i finally noticed the hue of his bright eyes.
They were the same color as honesty, as sex, as the eyes of the other guy trying to see Soho's lights from my balcony.

he dared me to stay with him, in a romance that can rival any Shakespearean love and said "i'll never let you go."
under the haze of the Nolita smoke cloud, I said show me your streets, your crevices, your corners. and i'll show you mine.

at midnight, he became brazened
teasing
delicious
my legs intertwined with his, my tenacity no longer mine to control
he showed me so many things, tastes, smells.
his different smiles.

No comments: